Thursday, July 31, 2008

Ryan + the cover of Runner's World

FACT: This may or may not be the best magazine article you've ever read.

You'll be inspired.
Humbled.
Awed.
You might finish with watery eyes. (I did.)

I'm so thankful Ryan is going to the Beijing Olympics representing three things I hold so dearly; faith, country and team.

Though I've only met them a handful of times, I count Ryan and Sara as friends; a couple whose shine the light so bright they are contagious to be around. Despite their rising fame as the power couple of running, they are entirely humble. Sara has had a desire to help people in
developing countries ever since she was a child. Ryan has been trying to make it to the Olympics since he was 14. Now, they are doing both. And though I expect him to win gold in Beijing, he will remain fulfilled without it. They have hearts of gold, a campaign for children in Zambia called "More Precious than Gold"

Ryan and Sara; It's a blessing to work and hang with you two. Thanks for all you've done already. We're praying and cheering you on!



No comments: